Sunday, April 27, 2008

Lemon Bars

We love lemon bars. I looked for a recipe that uses a lot of lemon juice and I finally found one that I really like. Most recipes only call for 2 T. or 1/3 of a cup, this one calls for 3/4 of a cup! I sometimes put 1 full cup in even. Also, fresh squeezed lemon juice is the best!

Lemon Bars

1 1/2 sticks butter
2 c. flour
1/2 c. brown sugar

I use a food processor and mix all this together. It makes the best mixture. You can also mix the flour and sugar and then cut in the butter pieces with a pastry blender. Mix until find crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 9X13 pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden.

4 eggs
1 1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. lemon juice
1/3 c. flour
3 T. powdered sugar

Whisk together eggs and sugar. Stir in juice and flour. Pour the mixture over the hot crust. Return to the oven at 300 degrees for about 30 minutes or until set.

When bars have cooled sprinkle with powdered sugar. I never do this. It always makes people cough to eat the powdered sugar!

YUM!

1 comment:

Amber said...

i love lemon bars. can't wait to try them out. I have to wait until I have a place to take them...otherwise I may eat the whole pan myself!