Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chicken Curry

My mom made this meal for me while she was visiting after I had Samuel. She can never try odd dinners with her family at home because they are not adventurous eaters. Tyson LOVED this and I have been making it ever since. It sounds really strange, but it it so delicious and creamy and very easy to make. However, I don't think it's very healthy, sorry!

4 cups chicken breast
1- 14 oz. can artichoke hearts
1- 8 oz. can mushrooms
1- 8 oz. can water chestnuts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 tsp. curry powder (I put more like 2 Tablespoons)
1/4 cup. chopped pecans (I put more like 3/4 cups)

Cut up chicken breasts into bit sized pieces and cook on the stove top until just done.

In a 9X13 pan mix all the rest of the ingredients. I cup up the artichokes and mushrooms into smaller pieces. Add the chicken to the mixture in the 9X13 pan. top with the chopped pecans. Cook at 400 until bubbly all over, about 20 minutes.

I usually make rice and peas to go along with this meal.

It just so happens that I made this for dinner tonight, so I will include a picture. It may look horrible, but I swear it tastes good!

No comments: