Thursday, July 9, 2009

Beef Enchiladas

This blog is totally dying and it makes me sad!

Natalie Haggen made these for us and they were so good so I asked her for the recipe.

Beef Enchiladas

1 lb ground beef
1 md onion chopped (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar chz (4 oz)
2 TBSP fresh parsley
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 cup chopped bell pepper
2/3 cup water
1 TBSP chili powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
1/4 tsp cummin
2 whole chopped green chilies(I use the chopped canned)
1 garlic clove finely chopped
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
8 corn tortillas
extra shredded cheese, sour cream and chopped onion, if desired

Heat oven to 350

Cook beef, then stir in onion, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, the parsley and pepper. cover and remove from heat

heat bell pepper (I leave them out-picky kids) water, chili powder,oregano, cummin,chilies, garlic and tomato sauce to a boil stirring occasionally. reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 5 min. pour into ungreased pie plate.

Dip each tortilla in sauce to coat both sides, spoon 1/4 cup beef mixture on each tortilla, roll it up and place seam side down in ungreased rectangular baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, I always put more cheese on top.

Bake uncovered for 20 min or until bubbly.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I'll have to try this. I am going to try and post on here every week or every other.